Using AISCloseWindows to closedown the PC after a backup has been completed.
From version 2.2 AISBackup has a built in ability to close down the PC or hibernate after a backup.
AISBackup has no built in support for automatically closing down the PC after a backup finishes, however, the post run job may be used to perform this function.
We have written a freeware PC close program, which may be used to close the PC via the post run job option. This program has the following optional parameters:
- Delay before
closedown, so that the option may be cancelled if the PC is still
- Close down time period, to specify a time window for when the close down program should be enabled. Outside of the time window AISCloseWindows does nothing.
Scenario: AISBackup should close down the PC but only if the backup is auto-running between the hours of 17:00 and 06:59 am. A 30 second delay should be added, just in case the PC is been worked on at the time.
- Extract the file AISCloseWindows from the zip file
and copy to the AISBackup program folder.
- Select the job from the
drop-down combo box.
- Choose the menu option: Manage Backup / Edit
Backup Job Parameters.
- Click the button: Pre and Post Jobs.
- Use the After Backup job: Run This Program
browse button to locate AISCloseWindows program.
- In the Parameters field enter the value:
where: = 1 space, the hyphen must be present between the hour parameters.
- Check the option Run when job is run from Task
Scheduler or via shortcut.
- To close the PC down after running AISBackup
interactively (main interface) check the Run hen job is run from main
- Click OK t save the changes.
To download AISCloseWindows click here.