Change unused button use

Do you want a new option in AISBackup? Do you want an existing option enhanced? Ask here.
jwc

Change unused button use

Post by jwc »

I don't use the Preview button. It would be nice to put something I use on that area, like Find or Find File.

(Even backup or restore registry for a quick job on a button, quicker than using the menus)
Barry
Site Admin

User defined buttons

Post by Barry »

Actually a criticism of AISBackup is that it has an old fashioned looking interface - but hey the engine room is very good.
There is not plan to implement user defined buttons to the AISBackup interface as this would be quite a big job for one or two buttons.

However, It is possible for backup administrators to restrict AISBackup options (hide or password protect) using the Tools / Menu Administration option.

Not everybody is going to like the AISBackup interface and constructive criticism, like this, is welcomed by all.

Barry
nikkil

Post by nikkil »

Thanks for being transparent on this. Is there any thoughts about updating the interface? I mean it's like using a ferrari engine with a 1980's car. Just saying. But the program works really good. This is just an icing on the cake if made possible.
You're never a loser until you quit trying. Image
jwc

Re: User defined buttons

Post by jwc »

Barry wrote: However, It is possible for backup administrators to restrict AISBackup options (hide or password protect) using the Tools / Menu Administration option.
Barry
I forgot about this for a while, and tried it now (to hide the button and or disable it) but it don't work for some reason. The preview button shows and runs normally.

Any idea why, Barry?
jwc

Post by jwc »

Don't you visit this forum anymore?
Barry
Site Admin

Hide buttons

Post by Barry »

This request is on the list of things to look at, and I am sorry for not replying earlier.

I have however confirmed your finding and 'Hide' does not work for buttons. and disable does not work for 'Preview'

Barry