Enhancing change-CD dialog

Do you want a new option in AISBackup? Do you want an existing option enhanced? Ask here.
Hughg

Enhancing change-CD dialog

Post by Hughg »

A suggestion for the dialog that AISBackup pops up to ask you to insert the next CD-RW disk: At the moment, if the disk name needs changing and/or the contents of the new disk need deleting, the user has to flip over to Explorer (or equivalent), which is a minor inconvenience and also presents the opportunity to mess up, especially to someone like me for whom Murphy's Law was invented. How easy would it be to add two new controls to the "change disk" dialog, which would allow the user to do the following:

- Change the name of the new disk
- Delete the contents of the new disk (this would need an "are you sure?" confirmation).

AISBackup really is a delight to use -- I especially appreciate its tolerance when something goes wrong during a backup. The backup software I've been using hitherto forced you to start again when this happened, which was just great when you'd reached CDRW disk 19 of a 19-disk backup :x The feature I'm suggesting is very much in the icing-on-the-cake category, but icing's nice.
Barry
Site Admin

CD Erase

Post by Barry »

Hi Hugh

As we have discussed in another post, the Integrated CD Writer offers more choices for erasing CD's. The latest beta will also, when auto-run with the appropriate settings, erase pre-used CD's belonging to the same backup.

http://www.aiscl.co.uk/aisbackup_beta.htm

Barry
nikkil

Re: Enhancing change-CD dialog

Post by nikkil »

Hughg wrote:A suggestion for the dialog that AISBackup pops up to ask you to insert the next CD-RW disk: At the moment, if the disk name needs changing and/or the contents of the new disk need deleting, the user has to flip over to Explorer (or equivalent), which is a minor inconvenience and also presents the opportunity to mess up, especially to someone like me for whom Murphy's Law was invented. How easy would it be to add two new controls to the "change disk" dialog, which would allow the user to do the following:

- Change the name of the new disk
- Delete the contents of the new disk (this would need an "are you sure?" confirmation).

AISBackup really is a delight to use -- I especially appreciate its tolerance when something goes wrong during a backup. The backup software I've been using hitherto forced you to start again when this happened, which was just great when you'd reached CDRW disk 19 of a 19-disk backup :x The feature I'm suggesting is very much in the icing-on-the-cake category, but icing's nice.
Hi. Are you still using this by any chance?
You're never a loser until you quit trying. Image