Computer will not boot using CD

Use this forum to post questions and information specific to using the AISBackup restore CD introduced with version 2.7 of AISBackup.
BDinger3

Computer will not boot using CD

Post by BDinger3 »

I think I followed the instructions to the letter but my computer (Win XP) will not boot to the CD I created using AIS restore. I have changed the boot sequence to check the CD (actually DVD) first as instructed. The light goes on there but nothing happens, it just moves on to the hard disk.

If there is an answer, great! If not I suppose my next option is to try a USB drive?
Barry
Site Admin

Booting from CD

Post by Barry »

Have you tried booting from another bootable CD, for example the Windows XP set-up CD?

Barry
BDinger3

Post by BDinger3 »

Yes, the computer boots from the Windows startup disk. I get the message "Press any key etc. " and if I do that, then Windows starts from the CD.

So do I try to make a new AIS start up disk? Or, try it from a USB drive?
Barry
Site Admin

Post by Barry »

The restore CD has been tested several times on Windows XP without problem.

Unfortunately the bootable USB drive cannot be made when running on Windows XP, this is a feature that was introduced with Windows Vista and requires the Windows Vista / 7 version of the DISKPART utility.

If you have got access to a Windows Vista or Windows 7 PC perhaps you could try and make the bootable CD and USB drive there.

Did you check out the video on making the restore CD?

http://aiscl.co.uk/showvideo.php?v=16

Barry
nikkil

Re: Computer will not boot using CD

Post by nikkil »

BDinger3 wrote:I think I followed the instructions to the letter but my computer (Win XP) will not boot to the CD I created using AIS restore. I have changed the boot sequence to check the CD (actually DVD) first as instructed. The light goes on there but nothing happens, it just moves on to the hard disk.

If there is an answer, great! If not I suppose my next option is to try a USB drive?
Hi, if your reader is DVD drive, make sure that you use a DVD, not a CD. also trying different types of DVDs might help.
You're never a loser until you quit trying. Image