Which Flavor of WAIK for XP SP#3

Use this forum to post questions and information specific to using the AISBackup restore CD introduced with version 2.7 of AISBackup.
Duncan

Which Flavor of WAIK for XP SP#3

Post by Duncan »

To All:

I have been using AISBackup with our home computers for years now, and am a huge fan. All computers are still running with XP SP3. My question: Is the following version of WAIK the one that I need to download in order to create a recovery CD? TIA Duncan
>>cut here<<
URL:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... layLang=en
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quick Details
File Name: 6001.18000.080118-1840-kb3aikl_en.iso
Version: 936330AIK
Date Published: 4/9/2008
Language: English
Download Size: 1375.9 MB
Estimated Download Time: 55 hr 55 min 56K Dial-up (56K)DSL/Cable (256K)DSL/Cable (768K)T1 (1.5M) 55 hr 55 min

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Change Language: ArabicChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CzechDanishDutchEnglishFinnishFrenchGermanGreekHebrewHungarianItalianJapaneseKoreanNorwegian (Bokmål)PolishPortuguese (Brazil)Portuguese (Portugal)RussianSpanishSwedishTurkish

Overview
The Windows Automated Installation Kit (Windows AIK) is designed to help corporate IT professionals customize and deploy the Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 family of operation systems. By using Windows AIK, you can perform unattended Windows installations, capture Windows images with ImageX, and create Windows PE images.

This update is provided to you and licensed under the Windows Vista License Terms.
Top of page

System Requirements
Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008; Windows Vista

Windows Vista

Windows Vista Service Pack 1

Windows Server 2008

Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 with KB926044

Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2

Windows XP Service Pack 2 with KB926044
Barry
Site Admin

Which WAIK

Post by Barry »

Sorry, I am far too late answering this question!

AISBackup works with any version of WAIK: Basically the pre-instllation environment is used to make a boot CD that is capable of running AISBackup.

There is a video about making a restore CD on this web page:

http://www.aiscl.co.uk/videotutorial.php

However, with WAIK for Windows 7 you are also able to make a bootable USB flash drive, the process formats the flash drive so all pre existing data will be lost.

Barry