Registration Key not accepted in Windows 8.1

Use this forum to post questions and information specific to using AISBackup on Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10.
Nicolas Forwood

Registration Key not accepted in Windows 8.1

Post by Nicolas Forwood »

I read the post about the same subject but for Vista and following these instructions I cant register AISBackup in Windows 8.1

Looks like that I cant get the .Key or .Lic files to get the "key icon" as is suggested and when I drag the file to AISBackup nothing happens

How do I register AISBackup

Sorry I forgot and sent an email to you but perhaps its better to post here so 0ther members can also see the answer

Thanks
Barry
Site Admin

Register AISBackup

Post by Barry »

In all cases run AISBackup at least once on the PC so that the file types are registered within windows as files of type .aik are opened automatically opened by AISBackup.

Then copy the key files from the e-mail to the desktop, just in case the e-mail program does not allow opening attachments directly.

Double click the key file and choose 'Open'

Shall I make a video showing this?

Barry
Nicolas Forwood

Thanks for the reply, the only thing wrong I did was not to let the program run at least once. Now all is fine
Barry
Site Admin

Post by Barry »

:D
Nicolas Forwood

Sorry Barry but I had to return my new Dell laptop and now I got a new Asus again with windows 8.1(64bit). I have run into the same problem registering AISBackup

I have two files AISBackup.lic and AISBackup.key and I don’t know which one to use but dragging either one to AISBackup I can see the file going to AISBackup window but the program still says Register AISBackup

In the Help/About it says Registered Owner Windows User

This time I did run the program to make a backup job and I abort it after a minute or so

What am I doing wrong this time?
Barry
Site Admin

Registering AISBackup

Post by Barry »

It's the AISBackup.key file used to register AISBackup.

Make sure AISBackup is not already running when double clicking.

Barry
Nicolas Forwood

Really frustrating Barry, sorry

Now I get Error 616 AIS License check Failed and under this small window there is another small window which says something like AIS AutoRunning with 2 commands Pause and Abort
Nicolas Forwood

Got it working again. I uninstall it, reboot, re install it, reboot, run it once, close the program and then I right click on the key file and selected Open.

Now all is ok again, thanks