problem creating a new job with same name as a deleted job

Pre-Release and beta version of AISBackup
pbrooks

problem creating a new job with same name as a deleted job

Post by pbrooks »

Using 2.7.0.329 on Win XP Pro SP3

On of my jobs was inexplicably set to 'restore only', and hasn't been running for a month, so I wanted to delete it and create the same job afresh.

Deleting the job worked fine, and the name disappeared from the 'All jobs' list.
When I try to create a new job, select '1/Manually choose which files'', hit Next
go through selectiing the destination (option 3 :-) )

In the Job Setup screen, when I enter the new Backup job name to be the same as th eone I previously deleted, the field is highlighted red and a warning appears about the 'Backup Job already exists' and the Next button is disabled.

This keeps happening even across a shutdown and restart of AISBackup.

Where is it keeping residual memory of the deleted backup job?
Barry
Site Admin

Backup job already exists

Post by Barry »

I have not seen this problem before, however there have been problems with files remaining in the destination folders (and this may be the problem if the job is set-up to open the backup from the backup media). Check the destination folder and if appropriate remove the previous backup manually. If this is not the problem then look for the .buz, .bdb etc files for this job in the database folder and manually remove those.

If you do not know where the database folder is (and it is behind normally hidden folders) use the Tools / Program Settings and Options / File Locations select the button with the magnifying glass to open the database folder in explorer.

Barry

Barry
pbrooks

Location of remaining files

Post by pbrooks »

Barry - there were no relevent files remaining in the destination drive/folder, but I did find some oddly named files in:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Aquarius IS Consultancy\AISBackup\Database

The job name was 'BigBoyUser' - in this database folder I found two files
BigBoyUser..zip (note two dots)
BigBoyUser.].zip
however both were dated back in November 2007, and th job has been running fine up until last month, so I'm not sure what has been going on there - I wold have expected if they were related to this issue that they would have had recent datetimestamps.

The only other reference I could find was that the job was in a Task Scheduler entry for regular use.

There is definitely some residual memory though - while the job is not listed in the 'All jobs' screen, it is still listed in the 'Select Job' drop-down list - where it has no icon next to its name. (the other good jobs have the network icon - four blue squares above a green network inverted T).
Barry
Site Admin

Select from drop-down

Post by Barry »

If you select the job from the drop-down can you then remove it?

Barry
pbrooks

solved

Post by pbrooks »

hmm - yes. I didn't think to try that again.
All gone now.
Thanks for the hint. :oops:
Imogen123

Post by Imogen123 »

Exactly. Its police force is superior to the FBI, not because the COP is more secure than Ray Kelly. Kelly [sound nat]: We're going to the United Nations who were with him, his hi-tech command truck last Wednesday, when he headed toward the east side of New York hosted the United Nations General Assembly. He wanted to be there when President Obama has arrived. To prepare for those 137 heads of state, Kelly, is to understand the threats that all these foreign leaders are at home so the local problems are not repeated.
gavind

Re: solved

Post by gavind »

pbrooks wrote:hmm - yes. I didn't think to try that again.
All gone now.
Thanks for the hint. :oops:
Hi pbrooks, are you still using AIS today? I would like to know which version you are using please.
110%, all the time. Image