Backup freezing

Pre-Release and beta version of AISBackup
Hughg

Backup freezing

Post by Hughg »

Barry -- I don't know whether this is a beta problem or whether it's been around for a while. Sometimes my full system backups are freezing. I haven't seen a pattern in where it's happening, and it doesn't happen every time. Just now it did it during the exclusively-opened file backing up process, but I think it may have done it sometimes during the registry hive backup process. Any thoughts on where I might look, or debugging I could be doing?

Hugh
Barry
Site Admin

AISBackup freezing

Post by Barry »

AISBackup is tested on many PCs and Operating Systems without a freeze problem, however, as AISBackup is very I/O and memory intensive it may show up weaknesses in a PC which normally works well. It may be worth checking the Windows event logs:

Right click My Computer / Manage / Event Viewer / Application and System logs.

If any errors are found you may have to Google search to get resolutions; I often find Google Groups a better source of fixes for computer problems.

Barry
Hughg

Post by Hughg »

Well, the event logs didn't show anything. I established that it was freezing at the point at which it starts preparing to deal with open files, but that was that. However, this time rebooting seems to have cured it. It hasn't always in the past. I guess I'll just keep an eye on it and try to spot a pattern if it happens again.