Glitch with DVD+RW packet writing

Pre-Release and beta version of AISBackup
cyclone

Glitch with DVD+RW packet writing

Post by cyclone »

Hello,

I'm using build 287 on XP SP2 and found a glitch. I use DVD+RW with Roxio Drag and Drop packet writing (have for years relatively uneventfully). The first DVD was written properly. Upon inserting the second DVD I chose within Drag and Drop to quick format the disc (as I always do), naming it Backup12. Once the D&D formatting dialog went away AIS noted that Backup12 was in the drive, and to press "Use Loaded Disc" to use it. Upon doing so I immediately go the eject dialog from Drag and Drop (to prepare the disc for use on other computers). I repeated this process many times, both attempting to use the just-formatted disc and formatting a new disc. In every case when I'd click on "Use Loaded Disc" or "OK" it would eject the disc. Finally I clicked Abort, and go the "Lost communication with E: drive" message, with Abort/Retry. Upon choosing Retry the backup continued properly.

Hope this is helpful...

Bill
Barry
Site Admin

DVD formatting during a backup

Post by Barry »

I tested this a few times (hence the long delay replying) but I was not able to reproduce the problem, however, there were a few updates made in areas of code which may have caused the problem. This build, 289, is available from here:

http://www.aiscl.co.uk/aisbackup_beta.htm

Barry