FTp Backup always shows error box at end. Must confirm

Pre-Release and beta version of AISBackup
mwoplock

FTp Backup always shows error box at end. Must confirm

Post by mwoplock »

At the end of any FTP backup I get an error box stating 'X of x files faild to transfer, retry?'. If you press yes, the files go and everthing is ok. If you press no, nothing goes, but you get a successful notification.

However, my main problem is the dialog box isn't auto answered. So wehn I run in auto mode, my backup is alsways hung up in the morning and I must press yes to get it to finish.

This happens on 2 different systems.

I have a screenshot if you like.

If you remember your FTP settings I put the file in your directory.

Regards,
Mike
Mike
Appropriate Systems, LLC
Barry
Site Admin

FTP Backup

Post by Barry »

Which build of 2.3 are you using? I still have the FTP settings e-mail somewhere so I'll try and duplicate a backup of about the same size to your server. Please put the job files in the FTP path so that I can check the log file.

Barry
Barry
Site Admin

FTP Display

Post by Barry »

I could not open the screen shot after downloading it, please e-mail it to me.

I notice one of your log files is pretty huge, it tales a long time to open - so long AISBackup has been updated with a progress bar on the open log so you do not think it has stopped responding. It may be worth you trimming this log file via the Backup History Logs option (your version of AISBackup will appear to hand while the log is loading).

There is no need to use the 'log everything' option unless you are troubleshooting problems as all errors are always logged and the files which are physically backed up are shown in the Sessions tab of Backup History Logs.

I will try a fairly large backup to your server using an auto run job to see if that stalls.

Barry
Barry
Site Admin

FTP Upload problem

Post by Barry »

Thanks for the e-mail screen shot, however I still could not open it immediately as further investigation with a hex editor revealed the file was a GIF and not a BMP.

Build 280 (uploaded today) no longer waits for user input after re-trying the FTP upload. I noticed the FTP was re-tried twice, and failed, after a reported disconnect - in an attempt to get things going at the AISBackup end AISBackup will not re-set the FTP interface before each re-try. Please let us know if this works.

Unfortunately all FTP tests to your site worked without failure, are the zip files which AISBackup stopped on very large?

Barry
Barry
Site Admin

FTP halting during upload

Post by Barry »

Is this working okay now?

Barry