DVD Writer

Pre-Release and beta version of AISBackup
Nicolas Forwood

DVD Writer

Post by Nicolas Forwood »

I bought a DVD writer for my backups and I find it much better than a CD writer. However when I try to access the backups from the WindowsXP Explorer it seems that the system hangs and have to use the Task Mgr to stop it (my backup was 4.2 GB and I try 2 different backups with compression and without). On the same DVD machine when I copy my C:\ drive (4.2 GB also) with another program I have which only copies files to DVD, the Explorer has no problem to open the files. I use DVD+RW media. Any ideas about the problem?
Barry
Site Admin

DVD Backups

Post by Barry »

Is AISBackup able to restore from the DVD?

Explorer is a little slow reading a large number of files on a DVD, try increasing the size of the zip file from 50MB to around 500MB using the Tools / Change Backup Job Settings option. The problem is they are zip files and Windows is probably reading each zip file to extract the file names, another thing to try is changing the .zip suffix tom .azp (AISCL Zip File).

How long did you leave Windows before aborting?

Barry
Nicolas Forwood

Post by Nicolas Forwood »

Yes I restore from the DVD and works very good. I aborted after about 3 minutes. I am very happy with the program and the dvd and I will follow your suggestions. Thank you