ignoring new files

Pre-Release and beta version of AISBackup
Malcolm Bloomfield

ignoring new files

Post by Malcolm Bloomfield »

Hi Barry,
I have been using ver 256 and 257 . with the deleted files function, I have had some sucess, but the program no longer syncs my new files from the source drive. This is a very useful feature but it needs more work to perfect it

regards
Malcolm
Barry
Site Admin

Synchronising new files

Post by Barry »

Is this job a both way synchronisation job or from source to destination only? Actually it is better for me to ask: Which synchronisation option are you using with this job?

I have run tests using build 257 and changed and new files are been transferred as expected. Please give me an example of an actual failure so that I may replicate the problem here.

When using both way synchronisation New files from the ‘destination’ are not copied to the source if the ‘Do not copy deleted files from destination’ option is selected. New files on the destination are never copied back to the source folders with the other synchronisation options.

I will run some more tests tomorrow, but your help with an actual failing scenario would be extremely useful.

Thanks

Barry
Barry
Site Admin

New files not copying

Post by Barry »

I forgot to mention the more obvious reason why new files would not be copied:

If any file in the folder is de-selected with Image then any new file will not be copied to the destination (none but file selection), instead use the right click / All But this File option where the file will be de-selected with Image (all but file selection).

Barry