Can't restore files in V2.1beta 247

Pre-Release and beta version of AISBackup
apartington

Can't restore files in V2.1beta 247

Post by apartington »

Hi there,

I can't seem to restor any files in V2.1 beta 247. When I have selected the files I want to restore and get to the OK to restore dialog box and click
OK all I get is restore aborted.

I know it must be some problem with the beta 247 because I have had to go back to AISBackup V2.0 build 236. My files restore perfectly.

Hope you can fix it?

:roll:

Alan.
Barry
Site Admin

2.1 build 247 Restore Problem.

Post by Barry »

Please send us the job files using the Help / Bug Report option. You may do this using version 2.0.

Are you restoring to the original path?

Please also let us know what you have selected to restore, e.g. folders, files, everything or a mix.

Our tests, so far, has not shown this error.

Also I am a little confused bacause the new 'start' dialogue should say Preview, Yes and No and not OK, unless AISBackup is aborting before this?

The dialog may be the 'There are no files to restore', this has the OK button, but does not lead to an Abort message.

Barry
Barry
Site Admin

Restore Aborted

Post by Barry »

The problem has been found and will be fixed in build 249. This error happens when the 'Ask before an in-use file is restored' option is checked. If this option is not selected the restore process works okay.

Barry
apartington

Restore in version 2.1beta248

Post by apartington »

Hi Barry,

Thanks for sorting my problem out. I have done a successful restore after un-checking the 'Ask before an in-use file is restored' box.

Thanks for sorting the problem out - I will look forward to
V2.1249 release!

:D

Alan
Barry
Site Admin

Build 249 upload

Post by Barry »

Build 249 was supposed to be uploaded on Friday, but we were side-tracked by the destructive hack on the forum.

Barry
Barry
Site Admin

AISBackup update

Post by Barry »

I do not know if you have noticed but AISBackup build 249 has been uploaded. This version fixes the 'Ask before restoring in-use and system files' bug.

Barry