Logs

Pre-Release and beta version of AISBackup
Brian E

Logs

Post by Brian E »

For simplicity, could all the logs be available on tabs, rather than on the drop-down menu (it's much easier to switch from one to another in that way). Also, could there be a tab that shows all logs combined into one report and one that copies either the current displayed log or all logs (a tickbox option) to the clipboard?
Regards

Brian E
Barry
Site Admin

Log Options

Post by Barry »

Do you mean when you click View you get one form that has a tab for each of:

Backup Log, Summary Log, Last Copy Log, View Sessions, Job Properties, Task Scheduler, Read Me?

It would be difficult to combine these into one report as they each require a different kind of processing and display mechanism.

Barry

Post by Guest »

I was thinking that further tabs could be added to the existing "Job Log Sessions Note" tabs on the main screen. That's reminded me, could we have a simple way to attach screenshots to messages in this forum?
Brian E

Post by Brian E »

Anonymous wrote:I was thinking that further tabs could be added to the existing "Job Log Sessions Note" tabs on the main screen. That's reminded me, could we have a simple way to attach screenshots to messages in this forum?
My mistake - the above reply should have gone in under my own name, but I've just noticed that I wasn't logged in.
Regards

Brian E
Barry
Site Admin

Post by Barry »

Interesting!

Does anybody use the Note option?

I have disabled Guest messages.

Occasionally have visitors leave messages akin to the calling cards you may find inside telephone boxes around Kings Cross Station (London). It is therefore too dangerous for us to allow our forum members to post screenshots.

Apologies to younger viewers who may not know what telephone boxes are: They were an early for of mobile phone, except they weren’t mobile, there were just lots of them scattered around the country.

Barry
vitting

Post by vitting »

Barry,

in my age you learn to appreciate a feature like the the Note option. :)

Henning
Brian E

Post by Brian E »

Barry wrote:...It is therefore too dangerous for us to allow our forum members to post screenshots...
That's a pity. Quite a few forums do allow this and it is a very useful feature.
Regards

Brian E
Barry
Site Admin

Posting images

Post by Barry »

Actually you can post images hosted on public servers (you would have to arrange with us to host an image on our server).

This is in the FAQ
Can I post Images?
Images can indeed be shown in your posts. However, there is no facility at present for uploading images directly to this board. Therefore you must link to an image stored on a publicly accessible web server, e.g. http://www.some-unknown-place.net/my-picture.gif. You cannot link to pictures stored on your own PC (unless it is a publicly accessible server) nor to images stored behind authentication mechanisms such as Hotmail or Yahoo mailboxes, password-protected sites, etc. To display the image use either the BBCode [img] tag or appropriate HTML (if allowed).
I guess we could allow FTP access to some members of the forum.

Barry
Brian E

Re: Posting images

Post by Brian E »

Barry wrote:Actually you can post images hosted on public servers
I should have thought of that. It's that method I have used to enable me to have an Avatar on some other forums. If you go here you'll see what I use: Image
It's located on my own personal Web space at my ISP.

(Brian, I edited you message so you can see your avatar here)
Regards

Brian E