Don't have to type in "YES"

Do you want a new option in AISBackup? Do you want an existing option enhanced? Ask here.
jwc

Don't have to type in "YES"

Post by jwc »

When I restore C drive, I always want delete files and dirs that didn't exist when restoring. Have an option to automatically do this without the prompt to have to type in the YES to a question to delete them.
Barry
Site Admin

Yes to confirm

Post by Barry »

The Yes option was included after complaints that it was not clear that AISBackup was about to remove files. Typing yes is a deliberate response to the question rather than simply clicking Yes or OK (I often click things in auto-pilot without really thinking). To be honest I think it's a pain too but the Yes option is not going to be removed as at least once I want to restore of my OS and clicked Delete to delete and then while typing Yes I remembered that I just downloaded a 2GB file for use later - that file would have been deleted.

Here's a tip for anybody about to restore their PC back to an earlier date - Run a backup first, even if the PC has got a virus. That way any file deleted during the restore process can be restored from the backup just taken.

Has anybody else got a view on the YES question?

Barry
mbogdanov

Post by mbogdanov »

I think most people want to be able to customize.

I can see where Barry is coming from, as he wants to protect the user from themselves and probably himself as well as a programmer in case of legal action.

I'd love to have the checkbox as well that disables it. Maybe a warning or dialog box pops up when you disable it saying what the ramifications are. Or maybe only give the option once the person has typed in yes once so they see what it's about.
Barry
Site Admin

Procesing deletions during restore

Post by Barry »

The restore has to be acknowledged before it starts, maybe a check box could be added at that stage e.g. Process deletions without confirmation?

Barry
jwc

Post by jwc »

Yes Barry, that would be great.
jwc

Post by jwc »

I have a problem. If you can't reproduce it, it must just be my system
(Win XP Home SP2, Using AISBackup v2.8.0.392).

I checked first dialog box to 'always answer yes', but on subsequent restores,
the second box shows and if I check the bottom box, then click Preview,
or Yes, the screen just flickers and nothing happens. If I leave the box
unchecked, it then restores without asking as it should. Could this be a bug?

EDIT: I just tried it with the whole C: drive restore and I still must type in "yes" with bottom box
unchecked, but when I check the box and click OK, nothing happens.
jwc

Post by jwc »

Anyone else have this problem? Or, Barry, any idea why?
Barry
Site Admin

Delete without confimation

Post by Barry »

This is a bug and a fix will be uploaded soon.

Barry
jwc

Post by jwc »

Thanks Barry. :D
Barry
Site Admin

Fix uploaded

Post by Barry »

A repair to this problem has been uploaded and will be made available via automatic update when you have confirmed that AISBackup is working correctly in this respect. The upload is version 2.8, build 393.

http://aiscl.co.uk/downloadaisbackup.php

Barry
jwc

Post by jwc »

Thanks Barry, it now seems to work fine. Sorry for the delay in testing, as I was just checking the auto update for a new version from the app, and didn't check this message instead till now.
Imogen123

Post by Imogen123 »

Sniper is a roof, divers in the river, above the helicopter. Obama slipped in the United Nations with intelligence services, under the covers and the NYPD. All this came just days after Kelly's team had assured the nation's most sensitive event. It 'was 9 / 11 National Memorial is the tenth anniversary of the attack on America. Osama bin Laden was attacked again today. And Kelly was more than eight million New Yorkers to protect. As the names of the fallen were read, Kelly was looking at his new Joint Operations Center. From there, you see everything.
berryna

Post by berryna »

I think most people want to be able to customize.
nikkil

Post by nikkil »

Hi. Any notes if this is already added in the current version yet?
You're never a loser until you quit trying. Image