Are really there those options?

Do you want a new option in AISBackup? Do you want an existing option enhanced? Ask here.
julian07

Are really there those options?

Post by julian07 »

Hello to everybody. I'm going to purchase this splendid software and I'd like you to answer me about some particulars .
1) Is it possible to make a backup of Internet Explorer, Firefox and Opera browser settings, like as Favourites and Bookmarks? Or at least, what is the way to? Is that option missing? If so, I'd like so much it were included in a newer version.
2) I haven't yet seen the way to view the deleted files or folders in a new backup about the same job? How can I see them when deleting a folder or file and I wish I make an incremental or differential backup? Isn't there that option?
3) by the way, waht way can I choose an incremental or differential backup?

Thanks in advance and all my best wishes for your work.
Have a nice day.
Kind regards. Julian07 :)
Barry
Site Admin

AISBackup features

Post by Barry »

1) Is it possible to make a backup of Internet Explorer, Firefox and Opera browser settings, like as Favourites and Bookmarks? Or at least, what is the way to? Is that option missing? If so, I'd like so much it were included in a newer version.
If you backup the folder Documents and Settings then all browser settings etc should be backed up. By default temporary internet explorer cache files are not backed up as they will be out of date when restored. A quick Google search should tell you where each different software vendor stores their favourites, Cookies etc. Settings like these are kept in either folders on disk and/or the Users Registry settings. Nearly all software vendors store this information under Documents and Settings.

2) I haven't yet seen the way to view the deleted files or folders in a new backup about the same job? How can I see them when deleting a folder or file and I wish I make an incremental or differential backup? Isn't there that option?
To view what is physically backed up and files marked as deleted in each backup session look at the Backup History Logs / Sessions Tab.

One of the oldest backups here started in January 2005 this has been kept tidy by AISBackup by only keeping end of month backups and 4 weekly backups (even though backups are made daily). A backup is kept tidy in this way by using Advanced Backup Sessions.
3) by the way, what way can I choose an incremental or differential backup?
AISBackup runs backups equivalent to incremental and there is no need for differential backups the way AISBackup has been designed. The easiest way to see this is to work through the sessions tutorial. Please post some feedback if this does not help, or if you have more questions. If anybody is in doubt about backup sessiosn please work through the sessions tutorial here:

http://www.aiscl.co.uk/SessionTutorial.htm

Barry