A couple of feature requests

Do you want a new option in AISBackup? Do you want an existing option enhanced? Ask here.
Brian E

A couple of feature requests

Post by Brian E »

I should like to have an option to be able to merge backup sets. Sometimes, after re-organising my backups I have wanted to be able to do this, but I have had to manually add the files from one backup to the other and then delete the redundant backup. Is this a possible option?

The second feature I should like to have would be to undo the auto files select feature with a single click. For instance, I recently added the registry items to my backup but later decided I didn't want them to be part of that particular backup. I had to search through my backup folders list and manually untick all the registry items.
Regards

Brian E
Barry
Site Admin

Feature requests

Post by Barry »

I'm afraid the first option, although possible, would be too complicated.

We have had other requests to make selection of the registry easier, and consequently de-selection. We will probably achieve this by using ‘a method similar to virtual folders, for example: Under Windows XP Explorer you can see My Documents, this is a virtual folder pointing to the real folder C:\Documents and Settings\Brian\My Documents. The dilemma we have is: Do we show or hide the sub-parts of the Registry, e.g. System Registry, Administrator’s Registry, Brian’s Registry. The other problem is if you select the registry and then select Documents and Settings (in its entirety) and ten de-select the Registry, do we de-select the User part of the Registry from Documents and settings? Do we ignore the User part of the Registry from Documents and Settings and only show it in the virtual directory? – Actually not a bad idea!

Barry