copying existing AISB to new OS

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
jlittle

copying existing AISB to new OS

Post by jlittle »

Hi Barry.
I've been using AISB on Windows 7 and have now installed Win8 in a dual-boot configuration on a second hard drive. I want to be able to keep all my backup jobs when I install AISB in win8 on the second hd. (Basically, I want to just pick up all of AISB as a unit and copy it to the new OS on the second hd.)
I copied all of the files from (Win7) C:\program files x86>Aquarius IS Consultancy>AISBackup to the same location on the new OS but AISB still starts up as a new program without all the backup jobs. (It did pick up the reg key but not the jobs.)
What do I need to move to the new OS that will keep all the backup jobs with the new AISB?
Thanks
John
Barry
Site Admin

Backup job location

Post by Barry »

The backup job information is stored in c:\program data\aquarius is consultancy\AISBackup, The Program Data folder is normally hidden.

The new OS is probably using the 'C' drive so using the backup again will update the previous windows 7 backup. That is okay but may not be what you desire.

An alternative way to introduce previous backups to the new system is to use the Tools / Open Job From Backup Media option , this way you could make the previous Windows 7 backup 'restore only' and only use it to restore data from the previous Windows.

Barry
jlittle

Re: Backup job location

Post by jlittle »

Barry wrote:The backup job information is stored in c:\program data\aquarius is consultancy\AISBackup, The Program Data folder is normally hidden.

The new OS is probably using the 'C' drive so using the backup again will update the previous windows 7 backup. That is okay but may not be what you desire.

An alternative way to introduce previous backups to the new system is to use the Tools / Open Job From Backup Media option , this way you could make the previous Windows 7 backup 'restore only' and only use it to restore data from the previous Windows.

Barry
Good points, Barry.
Thanks a lot.
John