Emergency Backup

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
kenf1

Emergency Backup

Post by kenf1 »

I understand how I can use Emergency Backup to restore Windows to a new blank Hard Drive.
My question is, if my Windows was badly corrupted could I rename the Windows folder to say Windows1 (in DOS - I have Win98SE) and then run the Emergency Backup from the CD to restore the operating system?
(or alternately from my second Hard Drive where I keep weekly Emergency backups).
Regards
Ken Fairbanks
Ken Fairbanks
Barry
Site Admin

Restoring Windows 95, 98 & ME options

Post by Barry »

Yes, you may rename the existing Windows folder and then restore using the DOS Emergency System restore option. The following should be considered:
  • You may want to exclude the AISBackup folders from Program Files (This gets selected automatically).

If you use Family Login the C:\Windows\Profiles folder stores the information for each account, by default AISBackup only backs up the registry from these folders (when using the Emergency System Backup option). This is probably okay as I guess you will either drag and drop these files from the previous Windows folder or restore them from the on-going Data backup.

The Emergency system backup was only intended to get Windows up and running quickly to enable a ‘proper’ restore from the on-going C: drive backup.
Barry