EAccessViolation when attempting validate

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
mart

EAccessViolation when attempting validate

Post by mart »

Hi Barry,

My computer crashed during a backup so I thought it's probably a good idea to validate the backup. The backup that was running when it crashed doesn't appear in the session list at all so I suspect there would be orphaned files hanging around?

So I tried to run a validate backup but it aborts with EAccessViolation exceptions. I tried it twice. Any idea what's going on?

There seems to be quite a few different options for validating a backup, which one do you recommend after a computer crash during backup?

Thanks
Martin

Log:

AISBackup started: Monday, 30 November 2015 12:08:55 PM
Backup integrity check started on: Monday, 30 November 2015 at 12:11:16 PM. Version: 4.1 (452)
Platform: Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit
Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Aquarius IS Consultancy\AISBackup\AISBACKUP.exe
User Account: CJ
Running as Administrator
Repairs will be made and saved (R)
Integrity check set to prune excess files in backup (P)
Integrity check set check backup file structure only (S)
Rationalising Volumes
Getting backup file list from backup media: [CAR]
Saving backup contents files
Exception: EAccessViolation: Access violation at address 0040401C in module 'AISBACKUP.exe'. Read of address 5B0261C0
Validation of backup job started at: Monday, 30 November 2015,12:12 PM
0 files were tested for restore capability
Validation of backup job aborted at: Monday, 30 November 2015,12:14 PM
Exception: EAccessViolation: Access violation at address 0040401C in module 'AISBACKUP.exe'. Read of address 02B877D8
Exception: EAccessViolation: Access violation at address 00404022 in module 'AISBACKUP.exe'. Write of address 5D5B0210
Barry
Site Admin

Crash during validate

Post by Barry »

Hi Martin

Unfortunately the error is not helping much. Please send the job files for this backup using the Help / Bug Report option to see if sense can be made of the error.

The last few releases of AISBackup the job files are backed up to zip files and these may be used to replace any corrupt job files for the backup; these are usually stored in C:\ProgramData\Aquarius IS Consultancy\AISBackup\Database (example: PCtoFTP(NSA320).job.zip). I would like to check your files prior to you replacing them so that AISBackup may be updated to show a more meaningful message.

Barry