Old job says Never Backed Up

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
Aquarjen

Old job says Never Backed Up

Post by Aquarjen »

An existing job suddenly states it's Never Backed Up.

The automatic re-instate on Preview cannot open any of the zip files on the media.

After deleting the job and opening and re-instating it from media it has the Restore Button grayed out (even if I choose the For Restore-Only option).

A Preview selects all files as if no older data has been backed up.

The job worked fine a few days ago. I've created a Windows 10 job yesterday to save the files that are dripping in into the $Windows.~BT folder but why should that make any difference?

What is happening here?
Barry
Site Admin

Corrupt backup

Post by Barry »

The backup may have got corrupted, but I cannot say why, there are many backups here that run without problems for several years.

For several releases of AISBackup the backup control files from the previous backup are copied to a zip file that ends with .’previous.zip’.

Remove the backup again (retaining the actual backup by clicking ‘Keep’)
It may be worth saving the existing backup job files to another folder, the names of which can be found in the ‘previous.zip’ file.

Open the previous.zip file to get the file names for the above 'copy', and then copy these files to the folder holding the backup (overwriting the versions that are already there) and then re-try the ‘Open Job From Backup Media’ option with reinstate. Does the restore Option work now?

Barry
Aquarjen

Post by Aquarjen »

Thanks Barry, but had deleted the backup already as I could work around the problem. I restarted the backup from scratch, luckily it wasn't a long running backup.