backup source is default excluded

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
jlittle

backup source is default excluded

Post by jlittle »

I didn't know how else to describe this. I set up a new job with which I wanted to backup certain files from the G: partition on my local HD. When I went to "modify files and folders list" I found the G: partition and all its files with red x's in the selection boxes. No matter what I do I can't select them. I tried right-clicking and choosing "remove from exclusions" but when I do the selection box disappears.
I'm using 3.3.0.441 on Win7 Home Premium SP1. The destination is an external drive that I use for many of my backup jobs.[/img]
John
Barry
Site Admin

lastest version

Post by Barry »

Is this still the case with the latest version

http://aiscl.co.uk/downloadaisbackup.php

If so please send me the job files using the help / bug report function along with a screen shot of the select files form.

I am pretty sure the select files form did not change between releases, but best to keep up to date.

Barry
jlittle

sent bug report

Post by jlittle »

Hope I did that right Barry. I guess you can see, but I did try the newest version with no change.
Thanks
John
John
Barry
Site Admin

Work around........

Post by Barry »

Maybe this is the first time an entire disk drive was excluded – you found a bug, but the work around is easy:

Right click G:\ in the left hand pane and choose Remove from exclusions. Double click Computer to shrink the list, Press F5.

Barry
jlittle

Thanks

Post by jlittle »

Well, I don't understand the logic :D but it worked.
Thanks
John