External USB 3.0 drive not available from restore program

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
mart

External USB 3.0 drive not available from restore program

Post by mart »

I created a bootable restore program on USB stick to perform a restore, but it doesn't recognise external drives plugged in to the USB 3 port.

Plugging it in to a USB 2 port works, but only when it is plugged in already when the program boots up.

This combination of problems made me waste hours looking through forums until I figured out the problem.

Would you be able to fix both problems? i.e. recognise drives plugged in to USB 3 port and recognise drives plugged in after the program was started?

Thanks
Martin
Barry
Site Admin

USB3

Post by Barry »

I have looked at the problem of USB3 and I can confirm that AISBackup does not support USB3 as it is entirely based on the Windows 7 pre-installation environment, also known as WAIK.

I did try booting from an actual Windows 7 installation DVD and installing USB drivers during the set-up; however this did not work either.

The same PC required that network drivers are installed as part of the set-up of the boot media for AISBackup and this works without error; the network is accessible.

I could not replicate the problem of plugging the drive into a USB2 port after boot but I did have to press F5 on the AISBackup file view option for the drive to show up.

Barry