Reports wrong last run date after reinstating old backup job

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
IanA

Reports wrong last run date after reinstating old backup job

Post by IanA »

I've just opened a few old backup jobs from DVDs and reinstated them and the 'All Jobs' and 'Job' tabs show the last run date as the one before the last.
The correct last session seems to be available for restore and the summary tab shows the correct last session, so it looks like it's just a case of the main overviews reporting the wrong date.
I thought I'd noticed this years ago but was too busy at those times to investigate.

Cheers

Ian
Barry
Site Admin

Wrong burn date mastered discs

Post by Barry »

The backup file .buz contains the date of last backup. In a 'Mastered' CD, DVD or Blue-ray backup the contents of the disc must be made before the backup finishes, hence the previous last run date. I guess we should make a temporary .buz file for the 'burn' process that assumes the backup has worked?

Barry
IanA

Post by IanA »

Yes, I think so Barry. Otherwise it contradicts the Sessions Log where after reinstating the job it shows the actual last session and says Completed Successfully which presumably for the same reasons it shouldn't really be writing to disc until AFTER the disc has been mastered?

Perhaps a little warning after reinstating something like "It is assumed that the last session completed writing to disc without errors. The hard drive based independent log doesn't exist after reinstating from disc so it is impossible to say." ?

Ian