AISBackup won't launch from Windows Scheduler

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
Brook

AISBackup won't launch from Windows Scheduler

Post by Brook »

I set up my first script to run every moring at 2 am but the Windows Scheduler log is indicating that it has never run successfully. The log states ""AISBACKUP - My Data to Hard Drive2.job" (AISBACKUP.exe) 5/3/2003 2:00:00 AM ** ERROR **
The attempt to retrieve account information for the specified task failed; therefore, the task did not run. Either an error occurred, or no account information existed for the task.
The specific error is:
0x8004130f: No account information could be found in the Task Scheduler security database for the task indicated."

Any idea how to proceed to get my daily backups going?

Brook
Barry
Site Admin

MS Task Scheduler

Post by Barry »

Hi Brook

The Microsoft task scheduler must run a job from a password protected user account. Try the Manage Backup / Auto Run This Script (MS Task Scheduler) that was introduced in version 1.7 of AISBackup.

Barry
Brook

MS Task Scheduler won't launch with password

Post by Brook »

Barry,

I have AISBackup 1.7 and set up the auto run script there originally a week ago. After your last reply, I added a password to my user account and then added the username and password info through AISBackup Auto Run utility.

This morning, AISBackup again failed to execute and MS Scheduler gave the folling log message:
"AISBACKUP1 - My Data to Hard Drive2.job" (AISBACKUP.exe) 5/5/2003 2:00:00 AM ** ERROR **
The attempt to retrieve account information for the specified task failed; therefore, the task did not run. Either an error occurred, or no account information existed for the task.
The specific error is:
0x8004130f: No account information could be found in the Task Scheduler security database for the task indicated."

So I checked the script again through AISBackup Manage Backup/ Auto Run this script, and the username and password were blank. So I reentered them, said ok, and then went back into "auto run this script" and they were blank again, like AISBackup is losing this information. Any ideas?

Brook
Barry
Site Admin

Trouble shooting MS Task Scheduler

Post by Barry »

Hi Brook

I have set-up a trouble shooting MS Task Scheduler web-page here:

http://www.aiscl.co.uk/TS_MSTS.htm

This does not cover your problem specifically but may provide a fix.

I searched on Google using the error message 0x8004130f, some say it is something to do with daylight saving transition, but who knows?

Barry