Virus report

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
johngie

Virus report

Post by johngie »

My ESET NOD32 AV program has reported the following as a potentially unwanted application:

cbsidlm-tr1_AISBackup-10061531.exe (609880 bytes).

Doubt very much if it's anything to do with AISB - I told NOD32 to clean it and AISB still works.

Anyone recognise this?

Regards

John
Barry
Site Admin

False positive

Post by Barry »

I have seen this problem before where Norton AV reported AISBackup as malicious software. I contacted Symantec about the problem and a virus update was issued within a few hours that resolved the problem.

Barry
johngie

Post by johngie »

Many thanks Barry - this file is still in quarantine - should I restore it?

NOD32 was very persistent until I cleaned it.

Regards

John
Barry
Site Admin

cbsidlm-tr1_AISBackup-10061531.exe

Post by Barry »

Actually there is no file in AISBackup called cbsidlm-tr1_AISBackup-10061531.exe, I would delete it and if AISBackup no longer works download the set-up program again, see the Download menu option above.

AISBackup is digitally signed, if the company Aquarius I. S. Consultancy Limited is not displayed in the signature then it has been corrupted (or infected).

Barry
nikkil

Re: Virus report

Post by nikkil »

johngie wrote:My ESET NOD32 AV program has reported the following as a potentially unwanted application:

cbsidlm-tr1_AISBackup-10061531.exe (609880 bytes).

Doubt very much if it's anything to do with AISB - I told NOD32 to clean it and AISB still works.

Anyone recognise this?

Regards

John
I think this is another one of those false positives. You should report this to ESET.
You're never a loser until you quit trying. Image