Remove mapped drive

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
Brian

Remove mapped drive

Post by Brian »

The driveletter of NAS changed.
I reconfigured AIS succesfully to backup to the new driveletter.
I removed the old drive from the mapped drives list several times but somehow AIS doesn't remember the new settings. It's removed from the list until I start an backup. Then AIS reports (correctly) that drive isn't connected.
If I check the mapped drive list, the drive is back on that list.
How can I permanently remove that drive.

The old backup was on drive Z. The new one on drive X.
The backup is "reinstated"
I would like to avoid doing a fresh backup because it's a generational backup.
Win 10 64-bit + latest updates
AIS Backup 4.2.0.459
Barry
Site Admin

Mapping drives

Post by Barry »

If a drive is not mapped AISBackup will map the drive at run time and then un-map the drive once finished; AISBackup uses the next free disk drive letter counting backwards from Z.

This problem may be because AISBackup maps the share itself and if the job is running as an administrator (and most backup jobs do in order to backup open exclusive files) then the normal drive mapping (under your own account) may not be visible in the administrator account.

You can test this by opening 2 command prompt windows, one as an administrator and the other not as an administrator. (Start / All Programs / Accessories / right click Command Prompt / Run as administrator --- The other command prompt just left click Command Prompt).

In enter the command NET USE and you may find the drive missing in one or with different drive letters in each version of command pompt (try this before and after starting AISBackup with the job causing the problem selected).

If this does not help with the problem please send the job files for this backup by using the Help / Bug Report option.

If the problem is that 2 shares are known by AISBackup (The old and new shares) use the Manage Backup / Change Backup Job Settings / Destination Settings / Modify drive list option.

Barry
nikkil

Post by nikkil »

Hi Brian, were you able to successfully remove the mapped drive yet with the steps given? Any work around?
You're never a loser until you quit trying. Image