Error installing on SBS2011

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
gmandeno

Error installing on SBS2011

Post by gmandeno »

I am having trouble running aisbi400 on SBS 2011. Shortly after clicking "Yes" to the UAC prompt, I get this error:

ShellExecuteEx failed; code 1317,
The specified account does not exist.

I am guessing it is because there is no account named "Administrator" (the default setup).

Thanks for any suggested workaround!

Cheers,
Graham
Barry
Site Admin

Running AISbackup on SBS2011

Post by Barry »

AISBackup runs correctly under SBS 2011 here and right click / Run as administrator works correctly, AISBackup will also elevate correctly if started in UAC mode.

The administrator user account is called 'Barry Morris' and this is a member of 'All Users', 'Domain Admins', 'Domain Users', 'Enterprise Admins' etc.

There is also an 'Administrator' account and this is a member of Administrators, Domain Admins, Domain Users, Enterprise Admins etc. It may be worth checking that the accounts have not expired.

There is another user account called 'Janet Jones', this account is in 'domain users', but I added it to Remote Desktop users and adjusted the Local Policy 'Allow logon through remote Desktop Services' and added Janet's account to the list. For this test it was important that Janet was not an administrator.

I then logged on as Janet and started AISBackup; when I ran a backup job I was asked to elevate AISBackup to Administrator; I did this and supplied the account credentials for the 'Barry' account'; AISBackup ran correctly.

Does any of this information help?

Barry
gmandeno

Post by gmandeno »

Hi Barry

Thanks for following up. Just to clarify - the problem was not with *running* AISBackup, but with *installing* it.

I had copied all the "setup" files from my old, dead, SBS2003 server to a location on a NAS RAID drive, and I was attempting to run aisbi400.exe from there. I'm guessing that once the program switched to the elevated privilege mode, the hidden "Administrator" account on the new server no longer had access to the location on the NAS device.

I temporarily copied aisbi400.exe to the desktop of the server and it ran without any problem.

Thanks, as always, for your help.

Cheers!
Graham
nikkil

Post by nikkil »

May there were just errors here when running the installer from a network. Might be caused by some errors.
You're never a loser until you quit trying. Image