Trouble installing 1.7

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
dolph

Trouble installing 1.7

Post by dolph »

I am a registered user of AIS ver. 1.6.3 and have just downloaded ver 1.7.

1. I tried to submit the following as a bug report, but after writing my message, my computer locked up.

2. My present version is installed in "d:/program files/aisbackup". I tried to install the new version in that folder, but a new folder was created, also named "Aisbackup" within "d:/program files/aisbackup". If I tried to install it in "d:/program files" a new folder, also named aisbackup was created in "program files". In each case, if I tried to run the program, I was instructed to register it. How do I get the new program to install over the old one?

3. I'm using WIN98SE with 512mb memory.

Thank you.
Barry
Site Admin

Installing AISBackup

Post by Barry »

Hi Dolph

If you select the existing folder D:\Program Files\Aquarius IS Consultancy\AISBackup the install program appends another \AISBackup. Just click D:\Program Files\Aquarius IS Consultancy and AISBackup will be installed to the correct place. If you want to install AISBackup to D:\Program Files\AISBackup click D:\Program Files. The actual folder is that which appears in the edit box above the folder selection list, it is here that you can manually change the name of the AISBackup folder if you wish, e.g. \AISBackup168.

The install program remembers where the program was last installed, the easiest way to get AISBackup to install to your chosen folder is to manually edit the destination rather than clicking through the folder tree.

Barry