Network Connection Problem

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
k64

Network Connection Problem

Post by k64 »

Of my five regular backup jobs, four write to my NAS drive and all have been running smoothly for a couple of years. I check them at irregular intervals so it was with much surprise when I discovered yesterday that all four backups to the NAS drive stopped running last September-October.

The log shows:

"Network connection problem: - - - Cannot create files on backup destination: - 87: The parameter is incorrect. -
Backup aborted: Destination access error."

If I run one of the jobs manually, after "Checking network connections" I get the "Cannot create files on backup destination: - 87: The parameter is incorrect." message and "Continue?"
Clicking Yes allows the job to run normally to completion.

The NAS drive is permanently mapped as drive Z: and I've never had problems accessing it with Windows Explorer or other applications.

If I create a new backup job, to Networked Drive, it runs to completion without any abnormal messages.

Info on one of the problem jobs:
Backup to: Network drive.
Backup destination: \\K64_nas\raid_c\Backups\Desktop\AISBackup\P-Photos\P-Photos.zip
Last Volume: \\K64_nas\raid_c\

Info on the successful manually run job:
Backup to: Network External drive: [\\K64_nas\raid_c]
Backup destination: [XD]:\Backups\Desktop\AISBackup\Users\Users.zip
Last Volume: [RAID_C]

Clearly, there are some differences here on how the NAS drive is addressed. Is this the problem?

AISBackup version: 2.9.0.400
Platform: Windows 7 Home premium 64-bit, SP1

How can I get these jobs running again?
...and a Happy New Year!
Keith
Many regards

Keith
gavind

Post by gavind »

Hi buddy, looks like a tough issue for you. Any luck on this one yet?
110%, all the time. Image
k64

Post by k64 »

I recreated one backup and it worked perfectly, so I've now recreated all of them and I've had no problems at all ever since.

Cause is still unknown (to me) but I suspect some sort of inconsistency crept in during one of the upgrades from v2.8 (when the backups were originally created) and v3.1 (i.e. now).
Many regards

Keith