Backup fails after moving network drive to another media-srv

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
jwartenb

Backup fails after moving network drive to another media-srv

Post by jwartenb »

Hi,

beside my local drives I' backing up a USB drive connected to my media server (WDTVLIVE) with films and photos on it. The drive letter was M:, the drive was connected as \\WDTVLIVE\MMBoxFD.

Now I moved the external drive to a wireless router with NAS functionallity. The drive letter is M: again, the drive is now connected as \\192.168.178.2\Keller.NAS\.

If I start a backup of drive M: AISBackup checks the network and reports that Network share \\WDTVLIVE\MMBoxFD is not connected and aborts.

If I create the backup again with the same destination AISBackup want's to backup everything again.

Is it possible to change the backup SOURCE with keeping the the old backup destination ?

I am working with Windows 7, SP 1, 64bit.
AISBackup Version 2.9.0.400.

Thanks
Jochen
Barry
Site Admin

Moving a backup to a new network share

Post by Barry »

One way to solve this problem is to remove the backup from the list of backup jobs (without deleting the actual backup) and then open the backup from the new share using the 'reinstate' option and choosing 'No' to restore only.

Step by step:

Manage Backup / Remove Backup Job From List / Yes (If asked to retain backup answer Keep)

Tools / Open Job From Backup Media

Navigate to the folder holding the backup on the new destination and open the backup database file.

To re-instate answer Yes

To 'Restore only' answer No

OK

Run Backup should now backup the differences and not run a full backup.

Please ensure that the PC running the backup has write permission to the new network drive.

Barry
gavind

Post by gavind »

Quick question. Does it matter if we are using 32 or 64 bit OS?
110%, all the time. Image
Barry
Site Admin

32 or 64-bit

Post by Barry »

No

Barry