Still stuck on making a Restore CD

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
rmonysko

Still stuck on making a Restore CD

Post by rmonysko »

I looked at the Videos again and chose the one that said it was preferable (the first one on the page). I followed it to the point where it asked for a CD - so I inserted a CD. Having tried this method several times, even though I have the pre-configued image saved, AISBackup keeps asking me if I want to replace it (because it already exists). I then included aisbi398.exe. My screen said a CD was loaded - but when I "said" Burn, nothing happened. Also, I had a CD loaded before AISBackup asked for one - but AISBackup made me eject the CD and reload it before it would recognize it. SKYPE anyone? :(
Barry
Site Admin

Windows 7

Post by Barry »

If AISBackup made the iso file in your documents folder and you are running Windows 7 (and maybe this works in vista); you may right click the ISO file (AISBackupRestoreCD) and choose Open With / Windows Disc Image Burner. There is also an option in AISBackup Tools / Extra Tools / Burn ISO Image.

Barry
rmonysko

Burn ISO Image?

Post by rmonysko »

Barry, I don't have this option in build 398:
AISBackup Tools / Extra Tools / Burn ISO Image - and I was running it in Administrator Mode.
Barry
Site Admin

Disc burner not recognised

Post by Barry »

Try the Tools / Program Settings and Options / Troubleshoot CD/DVD writer faults option; AISBackup may not have detected the device correctly.