no error, but no backup?

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
ageorge

no error, but no backup?

Post by ageorge »

I'm using AISBackup v2.4.0.303 on my server (W2K3 Server) with scheduled backup jobs every weeknight called Full C and Full D. It is set to get backup contents from the destination drive, and I rotate out USB hard drives for the destination. (Backup to External Drive: [drive name] [drive2] etc, Backup Destination [XD]:full d/full d.zip) This has been working well for some years.

Now, though I am getting no error messages that I can find, Full D is no longer completing. On opening AISBackup, I see that Full C has completed on the current date, but Full D last completed 4/29. It shows last run status as Job OK. Both jobs show that they are scheduled to run again as usual.

Looking at the log for Full D, I see all the expected entries, up to and including "testing backup". Then there are no more entries. I have no AISBackupMessage.txt after 4/29.

Under AISBackup Logfile in Sessions I see that there is a session for the current date. In the box in the upper right it says Intermediate Save--Backup Incomplete. Under Sessions on the mainscreen I see that same message for all of the Session on that destination drive since 4/29.

Any idea how I can get it to complete the backup?
Andy
ageorge

Found the error message

Post by ageorge »

AISBackup runs on a Terminal Services login that I leave logged in for that and some other background processes. I needed to shut it down tonight, and on closing the other windows found an AISBackup windown saying some unidentified files were found, did I want to continue with pruning? Maybe now it will complete...
Andy
ageorge

Post by ageorge »

I told it to go ahead and finish pruning, but it still did not back up last night. Again I find the same message box about finishing pruning. I told it to go ahead. That was several hours ago. I have an icon on the lower right of my screen indicating AIS is pruning. It seems unlikely it could take that long, so I am afraid something is still not working.

Andy
Andy
Barry
Site Admin

problem pruning backup

Post by Barry »

It may be worth running the Manage Backup / Validate (Test) Backup option.

Then prior to running the backup job enter debug mode by pressing * until *** Full Debug Mode *** is displayed in the caption bar and then re-run the backup job. Then send in the log files by using the Help / Bug Report option.

Barry
ageorge

Thanks!

Post by ageorge »

Apparently running Manage Backup/Validate (Test) Backup fixed the problem. It found some orphaned files and saved them. The backup ran last night--but aborted when it ran out of room on the destination. That apparently happened because there were several incomplete backups made without purging. Hopefully tonight I will get a complete backup!

Andy
Andy