Pruning backup

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
Hughg

Pruning backup

Post by Hughg »

I've got a backup that has failed because I hadn't noticed that the storage medium had got full. I've cleared the disk out a little, and then removed some of the files to be backed up from the "Manage Backup" file list in the backup job in question.

When I tried to run the backup, AISBackup treated the job as a new one and wanted to know whether all files should be deleted. The Manage Backup > Undo Backups item was greyed out. I deleted the job, keeping the data, and tried to re-create the job by opening it from the backup medium. AISBackup simply told me to "Please get latest version of AISBackup" in the bottom left-hand corner and didn't re-create the job. But I've got the latest version installed (395). I reinstalled it anyway, but it didn't make any difference.

I know I could delete the backed-up data and start again, but I don't want to lose some of the old backed-up material. Any suggestions about what's gone wrong?
Barry
Site Admin

Recovering backup after disk full

Post by Barry »

The backup contents file may be corrupt. this is the .bdb file, if you zip and e-mail this file Iw will check it for you.

With luck you have a backup of the job files from this backup on another backup? If so restore the .bdb file to the backup destination disk and try the 'Open job From Backup' again.

If the backup is an external drive the job files may be in a zip file under the AISBackup Database folder; an example of this file on this PC is called: C:\ProgramData\Aquarius IS Consultancy\AISBackup\Database\DelphiSource.[EXTERNALWD2].zip The bdb file from this zip file may also be copied to the backup destination.

If all this fails there is a validate (test) option that can repair the backup contents file under the Manage Backup option; use this option last as it does not do a perfect job of recreating the backup sessions.

Barry