Backup Incomplete

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
penzipa

Backup Incomplete

Post by penzipa »

Aisbackup Version 2.8.0.392
Running Windows 7 fully patched

When backing up or attempting a restore, I get a 'Could not connect backup destination or the backup is incomplete, the backup job has not been loaded'

I have full access to the drive in which backup is stored, and running the validate (test) backup does not fix this issue. It does not allow me to do any more backups. I don't want to blow away the backup and start from scratch if I don't have to, any help is appreciated. Also this was a scheduled task and in Aisbackup the job says 'Job OK (No Changes) but has not backed up anything in days. In a future version could this condition trigger a email alert of some time, as the status is incorrect, there are plenty of files to backup, but if I did not look, I would have been with any backups.

Could this be a mismatch between the database on the machine and whats in the backup?
Barry
Site Admin

Repair backup

Post by Barry »

This kind of problem may be fixed (I hope) by removing the backup job (without deleting the backup) and then reinstating the job.

If this does not work please e-mail the job files using the bug report option.

Manage Backup / Remove Backup Job From List (Do not delete the backup if asked)

Tools / Open Job From Backup Media (use the reinstate option when asked).

Barry
penzipa

Post by penzipa »

I'll give it a try and report back the results
penzipa

Post by penzipa »

That did the trick Barry, thanks much!

Could this also be considered to activate some trigger that would send an error condition so that someone could be alerted? maybe in a future version. It was several days, before I noticed the issue that I had not backed up anything in over a week.

Thanks again
Barry
Site Admin

E-mail on error?

Post by Barry »

I am not sure if an error occurred, but AISBackup can be set-up tp send an e-mail if a backup job fails.

The hard part is making AISBackup go wrong in the same way on the test PC here.

Barry