Cannot backup large files

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
bluewave

Cannot backup large files

Post by bluewave »

I am trying to backup a disk image created by another program to DVD-R, only 4 files but including a 13GB and a 7GB file, with AISBackup.

Problems:
1) Writes to 5 DVD's, seems to test successfully, BUT asks me to label all of the last 3 as "....03" (same volume number).

2) on Validate / Test, successfully tests first DVD, then gives error on disk 2 before starting to test anything ("Integrity check failed: Unexpected Error - Please contact Customer Service"). At this point the log file says "Exception: Exception: Error initial create zip file - Aborting: E:\paragon_amo_2.zip (5: Access is denied. -)"

3) Windows explorer shows files on all DVDs, but the last three all have the same volume name (...03).

I have made 2 attempts, not a one-off problem (wasted 10 DVD's...).

I use AISBackup for routine backups and it works fine, including burning to DVD. Am running version 2.8.0.385. Vista Home Premium.

Any suggestions welcome!
Barry
Site Admin

Problem with huge file to DVD

Post by Barry »

Sorry for the delay - this needs to be tested.

Please let me know the size of each of the four files so the test can reflect your backup as close as possible.

Barry
Barry
Site Admin

Large file backup to DVD problem

Post by Barry »

A repair to this problem has been uploaded, the upload is version 2.8, build 393.

I tested the backup here but did not get an error as you state in problem #2. This problem may occur if you tested the first set of discs using the your re-tried backup #2.

http://aiscl.co.uk/downloadaisbackup.php

Barry
bluewave

Post by bluewave »

Hi Barry,

Thanks very much for this - I have been away but will download the update and post how it goes.

Ben
bluewave

Fixed!

Post by bluewave »

Hi Barry

Ran the backup with the new build (393) and went fine, no problems, including a validate.

Thanks for sorting this out!

Ben