DHTML format Email messages

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
ais@rkelly.me.uk

DHTML format Email messages

Post by ais@rkelly.me.uk »

At some point during my change from Vista to 64bit Windows 7, the log messages AISbackup sends me stopped displaying correctly in Firefox 3.6.3 However they do still continue to work correctly in IE8. Just wondered if this was just me or if it affects anyone else too. The problem is all around the section headers and the arrows to expand contract them - they simply don't show.

I have discovered that AISBackup is actually generating incorrect HTML for the colours - missing the # off the front of the colours (i.e. <td width="20" bgcolor="000080"> rather than <td width="20" bgcolor="#000080"> and a quick edit of the htm file proves that adding the # fixes that; however, the expand/contract also doesn't work - tells me the element does not exist - something I can't find a solution to!
Barry
Site Admin

AISbackup HTML log

Post by Barry »

The HTML code made by AISBackup was validated using Opera's right click / Validate option and it passed the with the message: This document was successfully checked as XHTML 1.0 Transitional! - that is with the errors in the bgcolor tags.

The bgcolor tags have been fixed for the next release of AISBackup.

The active show and hide div and change button image worked in IE 6 through IE8 and Opera but does not work in Firefox 3.5.7. The div and image IDs were been passed to the JavaScript function:

Code: Select all

onclick="expandIt&#40;el1, Cur1&#41;"
function expandIt&#40;divid, imageid&#41; &#123;
divid.style.display = ""; 
imageid.innerHTML = "&#9650;";
This has been changed to pass the div names to the function, for example:

Code: Select all

onclick="expandIt&#40;'el1', 'Cur1'&#41;"
function expandIt&#40;divid, imageid&#41; &#123;
document.getElementById&#40;divid&#41;.style.display  =  ""; 
document.getElementById&#40;imageid&#41;.innerHTML  =  "&#9650;";
The above works in IE, Opera, Firefox and Google Chrome (Netscape has not been developed since March 2008 and was not checked)

Barry
ais@rkelly.me.uk

Post by ais@rkelly.me.uk »

Briliant, many thanks.