Movind AISB from an XP machjine to a new Win 7 machine

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
Trevor

Movind AISB from an XP machjine to a new Win 7 machine

Post by Trevor »

Hi
I have moved AISB from my old machine to a new one. All the files appear to have transferred correctly. The file locations appear to be identical. The registration came over. I am using the latest version.

However, when I start the program none of my previous backup jobs appear in the selection window, and no restore options are available.

What have I done wrong?

Cheers

Trevor
Barry
Site Admin

XP to Windows 7

Post by Barry »

Check that the database files have been moved to the default location for the AISBackup on Windows 7, this is by default:

C:\ProgramData\Aquarius IS Consultancy\AISBackup\Database\

Note that program data is normally hidden.

Tools /Program settings and Options / File Locations / Database Location, click the view folder button to open this normally hidden folder in explorer then drag and drop the files you restored to this location instead.

Another way to install the backups is to use the Tools / Open Job From Backup Media with the reinstate option (that's what I did because my XP used to be on J: drive and Windows 7 is C: drive so I wanted to, in the main, create new backup jobs).

If you had any job that backed up Documents and Settings on its own then change this to backup c:\users instead and to include program data c:\ProgramData.

For tips on restoring Widows XP to Windws 7 see
http://www.aiscl.co.uk/videotutorial.php#xpto7

Barry
Trevor

Post by Trevor »

Thanks Barry - as always quick, concise and understandable advice.

Regards

Trevor Cave
Trevor