Exception error

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
johngie

Exception error

Post by johngie »

I don't often "look for problems" but just happened to glance at today's summary log and found:

21:19:07 START AISBackup started: 18 February 2010 21:19:00
(snipped)
21:26:15 SESSEND Backup Session Ended: 18 February 2010 21:26:15

21:37:11 EXCEPTION Exception: EAccessViolation: Access violation at address 00659762 in module 'AISBACKUP.exe'. Read of address 00000000
21:37:11 EXCEPTION Component: frmLogFile

21:38:34 SESSEND AISBackup Session Finished: 18 February 2010 21:38:34

There were no error messages elsewhere, nor in the events log in Windows (XP Pro). As far as I can tell, the backup itself was successful and I did another backup immediately afterwards: no errors this time. The build is 2.7.0.360.

Anything of interest/concern?
johngie

Re: Exception error

Post by johngie »

Further to my post about an exception error, I have now upgraded to the latest build of version 2.8.

I notice that AIS backup now "honours" Microsoft exclusions and, as the backup file list was building up, reference to "attributes only" (or something like this). Never seen that before - what does it mean? (I didn't think AISB used or set attributes, at least not the archive attribute).

I note that it's possible to turn of the Microsoft excluded warning by merging the Microsoft excluded files. Is it possible to allow AISB to actually back them up? The ability to restore cookies (for example) saved me a huge headache on a previous occasion!

John
Barry
Site Admin

File not to backup

Post by Barry »

The summary log was missing that caused the exception - not a serious problem.

The cookies are backed up even when honouring the Microsoft exclusions.

The reason why these were added is because some files could never be backed up even with open exclusive file support - this was causing too many support requests.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... ottobackup

If this becomes an issue I will get a flag added on a job by job bases, e.g. Ignore Microsoft Exclusions for this job.

AISBackup did not backup the attribute changes on a previously backed up file, so if a file was changed to read only the attribute was not backed up. The data is not backed up just the attribute change.

Barry
johngie

Post by johngie »

Cheers Barry - that was very helpful.