Default target for registry standalone backups

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
johngie

Default target for registry standalone backups

Post by johngie »

Using Tools/Backup Registry sends the backup zip file to the Regbackup folder on the computer's hdd by default. I want to back it up to my external device. Is there any way to change the default target (to avoid having to choose it manually each time)?

Regards

John
Barry
Site Admin

Backup Registry path

Post by Barry »

AISBackup was already saving the last used registry backup path. AISBackup will now use this path as the default registry backup path, if the path is not available then the default (Application Data) path will be used.

Barry
johngie

Post by johngie »

That's what I thought it should do. My last standalone registry backup was to the 'Registry' folder on my external HDD. I've just opened AIS Backup now, selected Tools/Backup Registry and it wants to save to C:\Documents and Settings\...\AISBackup\Regbackup. This happens every time.

My "normal" full backups do save to the last used target, as you say, but not the standalone registry backups.

Regards

John
johngie

Post by johngie »

Any thoughts on this one Barry?

Regards

John
Barry
Site Admin

Backup Registry path

Post by Barry »

The latest version of AISBackup (build 366) should remember the last destination path used. This was uploaded yesterday (17 February 2010).

Barry
johngie

Post by johngie »

Cheers Barry! I believe it's snowing down south :wink: