Trouble automating backup

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
pkline

Trouble automating backup

Post by pkline »

I am trying AIS Backup and find that it does my job well. Except that I cannot get the Windows Shceduled Tasks to run the actual backup. It starts the program but does not run the backup. Here is the command line in run line of Scheduled Tasks: "C:\Program Files\Aquarius IS Consultancy\AISBackup\AISBACKUP.exe" "Customer Backup|M"

Can anyone help?
Peter Kurn
Barry
Site Admin

Autorunning AISBackup

Post by Barry »

Hi

Are you running AISBackup under the same Username as where the backup script was created? Please try logging into the username and running the backup manually before using the Task Scheduler.

If you copy and paste the commandline and parameters to Start / Run does the backup work okay?

Is AISBacjup starting at all? if not check the Task Scheduler Advanced /Viw Log option

I have created a script called 'Customer Backup' and run it okay via the task scheduler.

Barry
pkline

Scheduled Tasks

Post by pkline »

It is a problem with Scheduled Tasks, I am using Windows 2000 and I tried with another program, it did not work with it either. Thanks for the help I will try to find out why it does not work. If I create a shortcut that works so it is not a proble with AIS.
Peter Kurn