CD volume label

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
Nick Og

CD volume label

Post by Nick Og »

I am using version 1.6.3.156 of AIS backup. all goin well except that, for reasosn I am not clear on, one CD has been labeled the same as the one before. That is, I have two disks label [OITPLC03]. any idea why and what caused it? And how can I recover from it? Will I still be able to load files from that CD?

What does the import backup do? Will that help?

Regards

Nick
Regards

Nick
Barry
Site Admin

CD Volume Name

Post by Barry »

Hi Nick

Are you running the backup via a desktop icon or via a task scheduler? We have had this problem reported when running via a desktop icon but not when running from the main AISBackup interface.

Unfortunately we have not been able to duplicate the problem here but we do things slightly differently in the beta version 1.7.

If you do not mind discarding the backup on the wrong CD 3 you could import the Backup Contents file from the correct CD 3 and then re-run the backup.

The beta release includes a debug option whereby more information is written to the log file, I would prefer you to use this version. A command lime parameter of –C will always cause AISBackup to run in ‘CD Debug’ mode. Alternatively you may press * 6 times, or until ******** CD Writer Debug Mode ******** is displayed in the caption bar. If you are running from a desktop icon or via a task scheduler then please add the –C parameter before the script name, e.g. –C “My Script” (A space must separate –C and the other parameters.

We have made some changes to the way the beta version generates the CD Volume name so it may work okay.

http://www.aiscl.co.uk/aisbackup_beta.htm

Barry
Last edited by Barry on Tue Feb 18, 2003 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nick Og

I will try the Beta question.

Post by Nick Og »

Hi Barry,

I am pretty sure that the problem arose when running from the desk top. I am sure that it followed a scheduled backup run overnight (Australian time - wonder if that is significant :) ) which hung. The closing screens were visible but there was no activivity. I had to crash AIS and manually run another session. That made another disk 3.

I have downlaoded the beta version, run it in debug, and start a new set of sessions fromm scratch

Regards

Nikc
Regards

Nick