sfi.dat

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
Trevor

sfi.dat

Post by Trevor »

Hi

When AISB finishes it shows an error message to the effect that it has been unable to backup the file SFI.dat. I understand that this is a file belonging to Comodo Internet Security, and that CIS locks it.

I know it exists in Windows/system32/drivers, but when I look for it in AISB's file list in order to add it to my Ignore list, it does not appear.

The full AISB message is :-

"13:06:32 REG Finished Registry Backup
13:06:33 INF Backing up 1 Exclusively Opened File
13:07:11 INF Initialised Volume Shadow Copy Service for Drive: C:\
13:07:11 ERR Failed to backup network file: Check Access Rights or the file was Opened Exclusively: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\sfi.dat [ERROR 5: Access is denied.
]
13:07:12 INF 2 Previously deleted files(s) were marked as backed up this session
13:07:20 INF Testing Backup
13:07:29 RESERR 1 File could not be backed up
13:07:31 RESINF 10 Files were deleted prior to backup
13:07:31 RESINF 702 Files were backed up and tested successfully
13:08:11 RESULT 1 File could not be backed up
A full restore using this session may not be safe"

How can I fix this?

Thanks

Trevor
Barry
Site Admin

Excluding C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\sfi.dat

Post by Barry »

I am not sure how Comodo are excluding sfi.dat from the directory listing, however I do know that antivirus can prevent files from been backed up.

When the backup finished you should be able to display the errors and exclude the files from that dialogue, however if Comodo is preventing the listing of a file then this option may not work.

Another option is to enter the full name C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\sfi.dat in the Exclusions tab.

Do you see sfi.dat in the Select files for backup form? If you do then you could right click / exclude the file.

Barry
Trevor

Post by Trevor »

Hi Barry

Thanks for the reply - as quick and helpful as usual.

Trevor