Synchronization: how to auto-delete files?

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
beheer

Synchronization: how to auto-delete files?

Post by beheer »

currently I'm using DOS batchfiles to synchronize my NAS, used to store the AISbackup files of my servers, with 1out of 3 portable USB drives (each day another drive)

- first I delete all files on the portable USB drive that are no longer on the NAS. I do this first in case the portable drive is running out of disk space.
- then I use xcopy /d (and some other options) to copy all changed and new files from the NAS to the portable USB drive

I discovered AISbackup also has a synchronization option, but I'm not sure which option(s) do(es) the same as my batchfile:

'Copy new and newer files' seems to come the closest, but does not seem to have an option to delete files from the destination (USB) disk that are no longer on the source (NAS) disk.

For the moment I think it would be OK if the files were deleted afterwards, not up front, because I still have about 500GB free on the 2TB drives.

Regards,

Arie
Barry
Site Admin

Copy Job

Post by Barry »

The copy job may be used for one way synchronisation, if the job is run manually the new and changed files are copied and you are asked if it okay to delete files that no longer exist on the source disk. When scheduling a copy job there is an option to allow deletion without asking.

A 'snapshot' of opened exclusive files will be copied which may cause a problem, as you may get half a backup zip file if another backup is currenty running.

Barry