Zip names don't match name of backup

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
gmandeno

Zip names don't match name of backup

Post by gmandeno »

I created a new backup job for an external disk by cloning an existing job via the "Base on this job" option. I then modified the selected files and the destination. I did it this way because I wanted the same session management setup. The new job is named "Library" and it backs up to a folder named "Library" and all of the .bdb* and .buz files are named "Library". However, all the .zip, .aii, and .ail files are named "All Drive C" (the name of the job I cloned). Is there any way to change them to "Library" short of recreating the job from scratch?

Many thanks,
Graham Mandeno
Barry
Site Admin

Change backup filename of backup data

Post by Barry »

There is no way of changing the name of the existing backup data within AISBackup. I have tested this option several times (based on different style of source job) and each time when you name the backup job the destination backup filename is generated based on the new job name. Please try making another job based on the clone option and if this is not the case for you then please let me know as much information about the source job so that I can replicate the problem here.

Barry
gmandeno

Post by gmandeno »

Hi Barry

I deleted the old job and created a new one with the same name using (I thought!) the exact same procedure as last time. The new job has Library.zip as its destination as required.

I have no idea how I managed to confuse it last time, sorry!

Thanks very much for your help.

Cheers,
Graham