'Error 6 - invalid handle' after upgrade from 2.6 to 2.7

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
BaSe

'Error 6 - invalid handle' after upgrade from 2.6 to 2.7

Post by BaSe »

A couple of weeks ago I upgraded from version 2.6 to 2.7 (build 341). I use AIS Backup on a machine running Vista. Since the upgrade, I have something strange happening. Browsing around the forum did not bring any solution, so I thought and post a question myself.

Since the upgrade, all the registry files that I try to back up get an 'Error 6 - This handle is invalid'. I have not made any changes to the backup settings, and the process has run without a glitch for more than a year on 2.6. The backup-job is set to run as administrator.

Anybody's got a clue?
Barry
Site Admin

Error 6 problem

Post by Barry »

This is a problem with version 2.7 and a fix will be uploaded ASAP. The updated version of AISBackup is been tested, but a version of AISBackup.exe has been uploaded to:

http://www.aiscl.co.uk/build342/aisbackup.zip

This zip file only contains AISBackup.exe and it is okay to overwrite the current version with this one.

If you try this version please report back even if AISBackup works okay for you.

For readers of this post after 19 May 2009: Please check the download page for the latest version of AISBackup, i.e. a build number >= 342.

Barry
BaSe

Re; Error 6 problem

Post by BaSe »

Dear Barry

Thanks for the prompt reply. Test seems to be successful, I sent a more detailed report to you via e-mail.