Restore CD with AISBackup 2.7

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
Nicolas Forwood

Restore CD with AISBackup 2.7

Post by Nicolas Forwood »

I try today my 1st restore and AISBackup 2.7 created the file "AISBackupRestoreCD.iso" which has 190956 KB.

It seems that I have no choice as to what files should be included on my restore CD / DVD. I thought that I would have the option to choose my files besides the Vista system files.

What files does AISBackup include on the restore CD?

Thank you
Barry
Site Admin

Restore CD

Post by Barry »

The restore CD is used to boot the PC and start AISBackup, the disc can then be removed from the PC for you to restore from your regular backup by using the Tools / Open Job From Backup Media option.

The next release of AISBackup is going to be uploaded soon and this adds more facilities to the AISBackup Restore CD to aid disaster recovery using AISBackup.

Barry
Nicolas Forwood

Sorry Barry for my ignorance but the restore DVD I created does not seems to have AISBackup. Do you mean that I will start AISBackup from my hard drive?

If my HD is crashed how do I start AISBackup to do restore from my backup DVD’s?

Thanks
Barry
Site Admin

AISBackup Restore DVD

Post by Barry »

The next upload of AISBackup improves the cration on use of the restore CD and gives instructions for using AISBackup with a standard Vista installation DVD.

The menu option Tools / Create AISBackup Restore CD should have installed AISBackup to the restore CD and run AISbackup after boot (I forget now as things have moved on a lot) if not booting the Restore CD and typing AISBackup at the command prompt X:\ should work.

I hope to get the next version of AISBackup uploaded soon.

Barry
Nicolas Forwood

Thank you Barry

I will be looking for the next version. Sounds very good