Very interesting restore issues

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
rcaban

Very interesting restore issues

Post by rcaban »

I have been using AIS backup for about 3+ years and never had an issue until now. To be as brief as possible, when I attempt a restore from an external drive, everything is fine until AIS 2.2 asks me to select files to restore but it goes to the source drive (my internal C drive) instead of the destination (where it backs up to). The job is not in the AIS backup list, I bring it in and AIS recognizes it on my external drive. AIS will ask me if I want to make it a restore only and I chose YES. I wanted to restore files originally created with AIS from another pc. I have done this with success before but I cannot understand why it wants to let me choose files from my source drive rather than my destination drive. I have no option to switch to the external drive. I have uninstalled and reinstalled with same results. I am running XP Pro with SP 2. I have a WD external drive (Passport) that contains the backup files. Your help is very much appreciated. Thank you.

-Raul Caban
Barry
Site Admin

Restore problem

Post by Barry »

AISBackup is in version 2.6.1 with 2.7 in pre-release (another version of 2.7 coming soon). Maybe the problem has already been fixed in 2.6.1?

http://www.aiscl.co.uk/downloadaisbackup.php

Barry