backup calculating too long

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
sabine

Post by sabine »

Hi,

I am doing a backup of my data from an external hard disk to an another external hard disk. the problem is there is to much folders and files about more than 200GB. When i run aisbackup it calculates the backup but it takes to much time. the calculation does not finish and aisbackup does not respond. what's going on? I don't understand.

Sabine
sabine

Post by sabine »

I want to add that the backup takes about more than 6 hours and it does not complete. the aisbackup process runs and sometimes does not respond. I don't know what to do . please help!! :shock:
Barry
Site Admin

Backup Calculation

Post by Barry »

Which version of AISBackup are you using? Is this a disk-to-disk copy or regular backup job? Is this the first time the backup job has been run?

Sometimes a disk corruption can cause problems with AISBackup’s calculation; you can check this with CHKDSK. CHKDSK will also show the total number of files on the disk, please give me this number so that your problem can be more closely duplicated here.

Barry
sabine

Post by sabine »

the version of AISbackup is 2.6. it is a regular backup job from an external network hard disk to an another external usb hard disk. No the job has never been run. I try to run but it failed

C:\>chkdsk Z:
Windows cannot check a disk attached through a network.
I know that the total number of file is more than 20000 files and the size is more than 200GB
Barry
Site Admin

Long calculation times.

Post by Barry »

Is this a LAN disk or a disk on another Windows PC?

Barry
sabine

Post by sabine »

It is an external LAN Disk to backup to an another external USB Disk.