Strange behavior of pruning

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
olegg

Strange behavior of pruning

Post by olegg »

I’ve experienced some difficulties with pruning.
I’ll explain in the example.
I have a session-based backup (keeping 2 sessions).
If a new file appears, the program backs it up. When the file is deleted from hard drive the program prunes it after 2 back-ups.
But if I mark some existing file on hard drive that has been backed up not to be backed up any more (add it to exclusion), the file will not be pruned until I delete the oldest existing session in “Undo Backups (Prune Backup Sessions)” dialog (or manually delete excluded files in Maintenance dialog).
Is this a normal behavior of the program?
How could the program be made to prune excluded files without my interference?
Barry
Site Admin

Not pruning excluded files

Post by Barry »

AISBackup bases the 'deleted in session' by checking whether the file still exists on the computer. This check needs to be extended to check the exclusions list, if the file is excluded then it should be marked at deleted in session.

Barry
olegg

Post by olegg »

If I have understood you right, I have to mark some properties in the backup settings to make the program prune the files that have been excluded or unmarked.
So which properties shall I mark?
Barry
Site Admin

Prune problems

Post by Barry »

No, the problem is with AISBackup and will be fixed in the next release. The update has been written and is been tested.

Barry
olegg

Post by olegg »

Thank you.

As a temporary solution, the 'Backup maintenance' dialugue should be used to delete unwilling files from backup destination.
Will program add the deleted in this dialogue files to the exclusion list?